PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practises regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. The following policy is compliant with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) as of 25th May, 2018.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Elephant Gin Ltd (we, us, our) whose registered office is at:Elephant Gin Ltd,
GER (Company No. 30409808, VAT GER UstID: DE291453060 ).
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online and will only collect, store and use your personal information for the purposes specified explicitly in this document - all aimed at supporting and enhancing our relationship with you.
We collect, store and share your data in compliance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) as of 25th May, 2018 and other applicable laws.
You may contact us at any time with any privacy questions or concerns, as well as to see and correct any personal information you have given us.
Furthermore, you agree that you do not object to us using your personal information for any purposes outlined in this policy and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of these purposes as a breach of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We identify personal information the data that identifies or could reasonably be used to identify you as an individual. We may collect, store and process personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to any of our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website. This includes any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes.
- If you write to us (by letter or email), we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you telephone us or we telephone you, we may record or keep a written record of that conversation. We may also record the conversation for the purposes of training and ensuring our service standards are maintained.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Transactional details via our online shop as well as shopping preferences.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Any other information from which we can identify you (or which is available on public registers).
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may obtain information about your use of our website by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the website to operate.
The cookies we currently use are as follows:
For more information about cookies read Cookies Guidance.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy and cookies policy.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our website.
- To process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions. Please note your personal data is stored within our third-party systems Stripe and Paypal and the shop platform Shopify.
- Please note that we might retain your personal information for a reasonable period of time after you have completed transactions in our online shop to fulfil any customer service related contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees, etc. We may also retain your details for processing payments and preventing fraudulent transactions, but these are handled by authorised third-parties (Shopify and Stripe).
- To analyse our shoppers’ buying habits and the performance of the website.
- To access and process your job application (we may retain a record of your data for a reasonable period of time following our recruitment process for administration purposes)
- To manage database and contacts.
- Google Analytics' data is retained for a period of 26 months and Hotjar’s data is retained for 12 months.
USE FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
We may also use your data to provide you with information about offers, products and services which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by post, telephone or email. We will only do this if you indicate you wish us to do so by ticking the relevant box on the registration form, or by changing your preferences on your account profile.
We will not sell or pass on your data to any third parties for marketing purposes unless we have your consent.
You may change your preferences by contacting us at The Data Controller – Elephant Gin Ltd, 22 Mount Ephraim, Tunbridge Wells TN4 8AS, United Kingdom, or via the Contact Us page.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Elephant Gin Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Elephant Gin Ltd, our customers, or others.
- If the third party is providing services to us, in which case we will require them to keep your personal information secure and confidential, and only to use it as instructed by us.
- If we have specifically obtained your consent to do so, for example if you enter a competition or promotion that we organise in conjunction with a partner.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all Personal Information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment.
Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") encryption technology is used for protection of information in transit for any sensitive transactions such as payments.
We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via PayPal and Stripe, our third party service providers.
Only employees, our partners and any third party service providers such as web developers who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
We do not store your credit or debit card details with Elephant Gin Ltd when you purchase a product with us. All sensitive information is protected with a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Personal information is protected by our respective third-party payment gateways, PayPal, which provides world-class security, and Stripe.
We will not keep your Personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes.
ACCESS OR CHANGE TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access, review , change and erase the information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Please note that in certain circumstances we may withhold access to your information where we have the right to do so under current data protection legislation.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org make a request. Please note we might need to verify your identity before completing your request. We will try to fulfil your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
You also have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information by:
- opting out of receiving email communication from us. Click on ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email we send you or ‘manage your preferences’ to choose which communication you would like to belong to
- Email us to email@example.com a unsubscribe request
POLICY ON CHILDREN USERS
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 18 years old, and no part of our Site is directed to persons under 18. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use or access our site at any time or in any manner.
If Elephant Gin learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 18 years old has been collected, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 18 has accessed our site, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Any changes we may make to our privacy and cookies policy in the future will be posted on this website and the revised policy will take effect once posted. Your continued use of this website after the posting will signify your agreement to the new terms.